Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA Stock Downgraded (EBR.B)
- ELETROBRAS-CENTR ELETR BRAS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ELETROBRAS-CENTR ELETR BRAS turned its bottom line around by earning $0.77 versus -$0.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.74 versus $0.77).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 402.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $136.41 million to $684.73 million.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 45.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ELETROBRAS-CENTR ELETR BRAS is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.80%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 27.60% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2,798.42 million or 229.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.