Crawford & Company Stock Upgraded (CRD.A)
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$38.18 million or 23.97% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CRAWFORD & CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 32.78%.
- CRD.A, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, CRAWFORD & CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CRAWFORD & CO has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CRAWFORD & CO increased its bottom line by earning $0.84 versus $0.53 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 36.9% in earnings ($0.53 versus $0.84).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts