(All amounts in US dollars unless otherwise stated)
VANCOUVER, May 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS: NASDAQ; PAA: TSX) ("Pan American" or the "Company") today announced that the Company's Board of Directors has approved the second quarterly cash dividend of 2012.
The cash dividend, in the amount of $0.0375 per share, will be distributed on or about Monday, June 11, 2012 to holders of record of common shares as of the close of business on Monday, May 28, 2012. Specific distribution dates and amounts of future dividends will be determined by the Board of Directors (the "Board") on an ongoing basis.
The Company's dividends are designated as eligible dividends for the purposes of the Income Tax Act ( Canada).On August 26, 2011, the Company announced that the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") had accepted the Company's notice of its intention to make a normal course issuer bid (the "Program") to purchase up to 5,395,540 of its common shares, representing up to 5% of Pan American's issued and outstanding shares as of August 24, 2011. The period of the share buy-back began on September 1, 2011 and can continue until August 31, 2012, or an earlier date should the Company complete its purchases. During 2011, the Company re-purchased 3,582,200 shares, but did not make purchases under the Program during the period of time that was needed to complete the acquisition of Minefinders Corporation Ltd. With this acquisition now complete, the Board has decided to restart the Program, as it feels the market price of the Company's common shares does not fully reflect the underlying value of its operations, properties and future growth prospects. The Company believes that in these circumstances, the outstanding common shares represent an appealing investment for Pan American since a portion of the Company's excess cash can be invested for an attractive risk adjusted return on capital through this Program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV