NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Hedge fund heavyweight Renaissance Technologies added new positions in Dell (DELL) and Yahoo! (YHOO), according to 13-F filings released by the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday.
The fund, which is led by fund manager and former code-breaker James Simons, added 2,521,878 shares of Texan PC maker Dell during the quarter ended March 31. Renaissance also ended the quarter with 1,770,400 Yahoo! shares.
|Renaissance Technologies has added a new position in Dell.|
AOL (AOL) is another Internet stock in Renaissance's Portfolio. The fund increased its position in the New York-based Web firm from 1,162,600 shares to 1,435,100 shares. Renaissance, however, trimmed its Apple (AAPL) holdings from 1,280,419 shares to 736,619.
Last quarter, Renaissance increased its position in storage software specialist CommVault (CVLT), a trend which continues. The hedge fund had 559,500 CommVault shares at the end of the March quarter, up from 314,200 at the end of December.Network storage specialist NetApp (NTAP) is also looking increasingly attractive to Renaissance, which hiked its stake in the company from 246,000 shares to 804,600. Renaissance, however, significantly pared its holding in storage giant EMC (EMC) from 3,905,100 shares to just 309,100 shares. The Long Island-based fund also trimmed its position in managed hosting specialist Rackspace (RAX) from 345,600 shares to 238,200 shares. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV