Rouse Properties, Inc. (the “Company”) (“Rouse”, NYSE: RSE) a national owner of regional enclosed malls, today announced results for the first quarter 2012. The Company was spun off from General Growth Properties, Inc. (NYSE: GGP) on January 12, 2012. The Company’s results for the first quarter represent consolidated and combined results from January 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012.
“We are pleased with our accomplishments since the spin-off of the Company four months ago, and we have already made progress on our business plan and several key objectives,” commented Andrew Silberfein, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rouse Properties. “While it will take time, we are optimistic that our expertise, scale, and focused capital investment in our malls will increase and optimize the cash flow and earnings as we move forward. We will strive to maximize the value of the Company for shareholders in the coming years by investing capital and resources into repositioning our assets, implementing aggressive leasing initiatives that grow both occupancy levels and sales per square foot throughout our portfolio, executing on timely refinancings to increase our financial flexibility, and selectively acquiring additional enclosed malls with significant growth potential.”
- Comparable tenant sales increased $13 per square foot, or 4.7%, on a trailing 12-month basis
- Leased percentage was 87.5% at quarter end, an increase of 40 basis points from March 31, 2011
- Initial rental rate for renewal leases executed decreased 0.5%, while the total for new and renewal leases increased 1.3% on a same suite rental basis
- Leased 230,000 square feet in the first quarter of 2012, up 50% from leasing activity in the first quarter of 2011
- Completed an additional 200,000 square feet of leases subsequent to quarter end, which exceeds the amount of square footage leased in the entire second quarter of 2011
Financial Results for the QuarterCore Funds From Operations (“Core FFO”) was $15.0 million, or $0.41 per diluted share as compared to $18.7 million, or $0.52 per diluted share in the prior year period. The decrease is primarily a result of the inclusion of actual costs associated with general and administrative costs whereas the 2011 results included an allocation from GGP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV