Genuine Parts Company (GPC): Today's Featured Wholesale Loser
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Genuine Parts Company fell 44 cents (-0.7%) to $63.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 705,336 shares of Genuine Parts Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 920,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.04-$63.85 after having opened the day at $63.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.76. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Westinghouse Solar (WEST), down 12.4%, Universal Power Group (UPG), down 8.2%, Coast Distribution System (CRV), down 6.8%, and Shengkai Innovations (VALV), down 6.1%. Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico. Genuine Parts Company has a market cap of $10.09 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Genuine Parts Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Genuine Parts Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Genuine Parts Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV