Expeditors International Of Washington Inc (EXPD): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Expeditors International of Washington fell 57 cents (-1.5%) to $37.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Expeditors International of Washington exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $37.75-$38.58 after having opened the day at $38.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.49. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Globus Maritime (GLBS), down 22.9%, DryShips (DRYS), down 6.1%, Diana Containerships (DCIX), down 5.2%, and Sino-Global Shipping America (SINO), down 5.2%. Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. provides logistics services in the United States and internationally. Expeditors International of Washington has a market cap of $8.22 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.4, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Expeditors International of Washington a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Expeditors International of Washington as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Expeditors International of Washington Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV