Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Ericsson Telephone Company fell 24 cents (-2.8%) to $8.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.4 million shares of Ericsson Telephone Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.43-$8.72 after having opened the day at $8.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.71. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Telestone Technologies Corporation (TSTC), down 18.9%, Internet Gold Golden Lines (IGLD), down 14%, Cellcom Israel (CEL), down 13.7%, and Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), down 13.7%. Ericsson provides communications equipment, professional services, and multimedia solutions to mobile and fixed networks operators worldwide. Ericsson Telephone Company has a market cap of $29.64 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 11.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Ericsson Telephone Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ericsson Telephone Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Ericsson Telephone Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV