Mobile Telesystems OJSC (MBT): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Mobile Telesystems OJSC (MBT) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Mobile Telesystems OJSC fell 34 cents (-2%) to $16.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Mobile Telesystems OJSC exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.34-$16.73 after having opened the day at $16.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.76. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Enova Systems (ENA), down 36.4%, DynaVox (DVOX), down 26.5%, Telestone Technologies Corporation (TSTC), down 18.9%, and Helios & Matheson Information Technology In (HMNY), down 17.9%. Mobile TeleSystems OJSC, together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services primarily in the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia, and Belarus. Mobile Telesystems OJSC has a market cap of $17.28 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.9, equal to the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Mobile Telesystems OJSC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mobile Telesystems OJSC as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Mobile Telesystems OJSC Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV