Vitamin Shoppe Inc. (VSI): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Loser
Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Vitamin Shoppe fell 91 cents (-1.7%) to $52.88 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 715,422 shares of Vitamin Shoppe exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 420,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.38-$54 after having opened the day at $53.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.79. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 15.6%, Lentuo International (LAS), down 9%, Francescas Holdings (FRAN), down 6.3%, and Zale Corporation (ZLC), down 6.1%. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer and direct marketer of nutritional products in the United States. Vitamin Shoppe has a market cap of $1.59 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.3, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 35.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Vitamin Shoppe a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Vitamin Shoppe as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Vitamin Shoppe Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV