Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd (MPEL): Today's Featured Leisure Loser
Melco Crown Entertainment (MPEL) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Melco Crown Entertainment fell 20 cents (-1.5%) to $12.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of Melco Crown Entertainment exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of seven million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.71-$13.32 after having opened the day at $13.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), down 13.4%, Rick's Cabaret International (RICK), down 4.4%, Bluegreen Corporation (BXG), down 4.2%, and Century Casinos (CNTY), down 3.7%. Melco Crown Entertainment Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, ownership, and operation of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities primarily in Macau. Melco Crown Entertainment has a market cap of $7.92 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.1, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 26.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 35.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Melco Crown Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Melco Crown Entertainment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Melco Crown Entertainment Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV