CME Group Inc. (CME): Today's Featured Financial Services Loser
CME Group (CME) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, CME Group fell $1.57 (-0.6%) to $258.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 481,463 shares of CME Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 664,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $257.29-$261.17 after having opened the day at $260.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $260.11. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 9.3%, CD International (CDII), down 8.5%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 7.2%, and Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL), down 5%. CME Group Inc. operates the CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX futures exchanges worldwide. The company provides a range of products across various asset classes, such as interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather, and real estate. CME Group has a market cap of $17.48 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.8, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate CME Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CME Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full CME Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV