Johnson Controls (JCI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls fell 38 cents (-1.2%) to $31.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.29-$32 after having opened the day at $31.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.76. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Enova Systems (ENA), down 36.4%, Summer Infant (SUMR), down 33.5%, Tandy Brands Accessories (TBAC), down 19.1%, and Champion Industries (CHMP), down 15.7%. Johnson Controls, Inc. engages in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Johnson Controls has a market cap of $21.64 billion and is part of the automotive industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Johnson Controls a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson Controls as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about JCI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV