Chunghwa Telecom (CHT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Chunghwa Telecom rose 64 cents (2.1%) to $30.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 355,381 shares of Chunghwa Telecom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 642,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.65-$30.88 after having opened the day at $30.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.23. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: RELM Wireless Corporation (RWC), up 9.4%, Vicon Industries (VII), up 9.2%, Multiband Corporation (MBND), up 7%, and Trunkbow International Holdings (TBOW), up 6%. Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides integrated telecommunications services primarily in Taiwan. Chunghwa Telecom has a market cap of $23.54 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 19.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Chunghwa Telecom a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chunghwa Telecom as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Chunghwa Telecom Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CHT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV