Chunghwa Telecom Co Ltd (CHT): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Chunghwa Telecom rose 64 cents (2.1%) to $30.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 355,381 shares of Chunghwa Telecom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 642,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.65-$30.88 after having opened the day at $30.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.23. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: RELM Wireless Corporation (RWC), up 9.4%, Vicon Industries (VII), up 9.2%, Multiband Corporation (MBND), up 7%, and Trunkbow International Holdings (TBOW), up 6%. Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides integrated telecommunications services primarily in Taiwan. Chunghwa Telecom has a market cap of $23.54 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 19.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Chunghwa Telecom a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chunghwa Telecom as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Chunghwa Telecom Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV