Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 4.6%. By the end of trading, Alliance Resource Partners rose 61 cents (1.1%) to $58.73 on light volume. Throughout the day, 70,136 shares of Alliance Resource Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 166,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.72-$60.03 after having opened the day at $58.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.12. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Anooraq Resources Corporation (ANO), up 5.7%, Northwest Pipe Company (NWPX), up 4.4%, Ossen Innovation (OSN), up 4%, and Sutor Technology Group (SUTR), up 2.7%. Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. engages in the production and marketing of coal primarily to utilities and industrial users in the United States. It operates 10 underground mining complexes in the Illinois Basin, Central Appalachian, and Northern Appalachian regions. Alliance Resource Partners has a market cap of $2.15 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.7, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 7.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Alliance Resource Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alliance Resource Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Alliance Resource Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ARLP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV