Pentair Inc. (PNR): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
Pentair (PNR) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Pentair rose 37 cents (0.9%) to $42.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 813,006 shares of Pentair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 984,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.97-$42.80 after having opened the day at $42.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.06. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Tecumseh Products Company (TECUA), up 38.6%, Tecumseh Products Company (TECUB), up 33.8%, NN (NNBR), up 5.8%, and A123 Systems (AONE), up 5.4%. Pentair, Inc. operates as a diversified industrial manufacturing company worldwide. Pentair has a market cap of $4.31 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 98.8, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Pentair a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Pentair as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Pentair Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV