PetroChina (PTR) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, PetroChina rose $2.17 (1.6%) to $133.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 226,251 shares of PetroChina exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 168,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $132.99-$134.58 after having opened the day at $134 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $131.18. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: KiOR (KIOR), up 9.9%, Renewable Energy Group (REGI), up 7.9%, CKX Lands (CKX), up 6.2%, and Pyramid Oil Company (PDO), up 5.8%. PetroChina Company Limited produces and distributes oil and gas in the People's Republic of China. It operates in four segments: Exploration and Production, Refining and Chemicals, Marketing, and Natural Gas and Pipeline. PetroChina has a market cap of $246.86 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.8, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 11.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate PetroChina a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PetroChina as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full PetroChina Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PTR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV