Carter's Inc. (CRI): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
Carter's (CRI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Carter's rose 60 cents (1.2%) to $51.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 858,551 shares of Carter's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 757,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.08-$51.73 after having opened the day at $50.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.50. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: United-Guardian (UG), up 18.2%, STR Holdings (STRI), up 13.1%, Lifeway Foods (LWAY), up 11.2%, and ATC Venture Group (ATC), up 9.8%. Carter's, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, sources, and markets branded children's wear. The company provides products under the Carter's, Child of Mine, Just One You, Precious Firsts, OshKosh, and related brand names. Carter's has a market cap of $2.99 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.3, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Carter's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Carter's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Carter's Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV