Esterline Technologies (ESL) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Esterline Technologies rose $2.02 (3.1%) to $66.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 365,528 shares of Esterline Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 264,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.79-$66.73 after having opened the day at $64.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.69. Another company within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today was Sifco Industries (SIF), up 4.2%. Esterline Technologies Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets engineered products and systems for aerospace and defense customers primarily in the United States and internationally. Esterline Technologies has a market cap of $1.96 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.6, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 15.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Esterline Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Esterline Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Esterline Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ESL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV