So on that side, we are investing heavily in understanding how we measure across platforms, be it online, mobile devices or how you’d consume a tablet, smartphone. Those are the investments in that side of the business and the ones we feel great about, because as you look out over time, the consumption of television, online, mobile and video and audience lift is just increasing across the board. And it’s not like a zero-sum game; we see a very expanding pie as marketers look to attract those audiences.
So, a big part of the business, margins in the Watch side higher than the Buy side, just by virtue of the fact of the competitive positions as well as the investments we have; and ones that we think over the long-term as long as we continue to expand coverage broadly either Watch or Buy and we continue to follow consumption, there are investments we’ll make and returns that we’ll provide to investors over the long-term that are attractive and in excess, and we feel great about it.
So I’m happy to have with me here Steve Hasker, who could answer anymore on the Watch side as that might come up.
Okay. Could you be specific about intermediate term growth ambitions for the overall…
Condition where margin ambitions might be as well?Brian West
Sure. So the growth for us over the long-term, meaning over cycles that might go up or down, we’ve always said mid single-digit growth company, right. And we did that because coming out of the 2008, 2009 timeframe, it’s about what the company did. So we figured that if we could remind investors that over any cycle this thing is resilient, you can count the Nielsen to grow.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV