Western Liberty Bancorp Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Financial Highlights (at or for the quarter ended March 31, 2012)
- No provision for potential loan losses needed to be recorded in the first quarter.
- Service1st Bank has exceptionally strong capital ratios with Total Capital/Total risk-weighted assets of 36.88%.
- Western Liberty also has exceptionally strong capital ratios with Total Capital/Total risk-weighted assets of 72.29%.
- Tangible book value was $5.53 per share, based on 13,466,535 shares outstanding.
- Total cash and cash equivalents held by Western Liberty is $92.9 million, of which $22.6 million is at the holding company level and $745,000 is at the holding company subsidiary LVSP.
- Noninterest bearing deposits jumped by $9.4 million and accounted for 48% of total deposits and core deposits (excluding time certificates of $100,000 or more) are 60% of total deposits.
- Total deposits increased $4.8 million to $126.0 million from the preceding quarter.
Nevada Economic Update
Although new reports confirm that Las Vegas continues to lag in the economic recovery, Marcus & Millichap, a national commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, projected the addition of 12,000 jobs locally this year and that office-using job growth will push start a recovery in the Las Vegas office market this year.
Further signs of recovery were reported by the Nevada State Department of Taxation with its April 26 report on February tax revenues. “Statewide taxable sales for February 2012 of $3.2 million represent a 10.2% increase over February 2011 and a 7.5% increase for the fiscal year. The largest increases in statewide taxable sales were realized by Food Services and Drinking Places, up 11.9%; Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers, up 22.9%; General Merchandise Stores, up 16.9%; Merchant Wholesalers, Durable Goods, up 18.0%; and Clothing and Clothing Accessories Stores, up 11.3%.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV