FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL, INC. (NYSE Amex: FSI, FRANKFURT: FXT), is the developer and manufacturer of biodegradable polymers for oil extraction, detergent ingredients and water treatment as well as crop nutrient availability chemistry. Flexible Solutions also manufactures biodegradable and environmentally safe water and energy conservation technologies. Today the Company announces financial results for the first quarter (Q1) ended March 31, 2012.
Mr. Daniel B. O’Brien, CEO, states, “The increase in our non-GAAP operating cash flow over the previous year demonstrates the Company’s financial strength. With regard to revenue forecasting, given the news of an accelerated world economic slow down particularly in Europe and the Far East, it is simply too difficult and unrealistic to give accurate revenue guidance at this time. Never the less, full year 2012 revenue is expected to be higher than 2011 and revenue forecasts will be updated at each financial reporting date.” Mr. O’Brien continues, “As a result of the seasonality of the agriculture and swimming pool markets, FSI’s sales tend to be larger during the first half of the year, causing higher accounts receivable, and lower cash and inventory numbers. This does not affect the Company’s ability to grow given its strong working capital position including, a largely untapped, $6.4 million line of credit with a Chicago based bank.”
Note: as a result of the start up of the Alberta factory, a biomass expense is no longer given in the news release. Also, due to the generation of revenue from that facility, depreciation of the factory has begun results in a significantly higher non-cash accounting expenses in the financials.
- Sales in the first quarter (Q1) were $5,194,071, up approximately 19% when compared to sales of $4,357,467 in the corresponding period a year ago. The financials give a Q1, 2012 net profit of $222,660, or $0.02 per share compared to a net profit of $358,107, or $0.03 per share in Q1, 2011.
- Basic weighted average shares used in computing per share amounts in Q1 were 13,169,991 for 2012 and 13,592,698 for 2011. Note: a share buy back by the Company of close to 800,000 shares in Q1, 2011 is the reason for the reduced share count.
- Non-GAAP operating cash flow: For the 3 months ending March 31, 2012, net income reflects $338,882 of non-cash charges (depreciation and stock option expenses), income tax and other minor items not related to operating or current operating activities. When these items are removed, the Company shows operating cash flow of $1,121,542, or $0.8 per share. This compares with operating cash flow of $796,099, or $0.06 per share, in the corresponding 3 months of 2011 (see the table that follows for details of these calculations).
Mr. O’Brien comments, “Production from the Alberta plant will allow FSI, through the NanoChem division, to supply the only renewably-based poly-aspartic acid in the world. This will allow access to customers who demand this level of environmentally sound behavior as well as insulating the Company from future oil price shocks.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV