10 Disasters in Stadium Naming Rights
Home of: The Tennessee Titans (NHL)
Cost of naming rights: $2 million a year
How bad was Adelphia as a naming partner? So bad that when the company filed for bankruptcy in 2002, the Titans' stadium in Nashville went without a sponsor until 2006.
Adelphia bought the Coliseum's naming rights in 1999, but likely didn't consider what that purchase would do to its books. The company's hierarchy hid $2.3 billion in debt from shareholders while its officers pocketed $100 million for themselves. Adelphia ended up missing a payment on the naming rights in 2002 as a result, but that was only an omen of worse to come.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV