Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV) designs, constructs, markets, and sells single-family detached homes, attached townhomes and condominiums, mid-rise condominiums, urban infill and active adult homes in planned residential developments. This stock is trading up 9% to $1.94 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.78-$1.9252-Week Range: $0.89-$3.31 Volume: 1.97 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3.7 million From a technical perspective, HOV is ripping higher here back above its 200-day moving average of $1.87 with light volume. This move is pushing the stock within range of major breakout trade. That trade will hit once HOV takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $2.09 and then its 50-day moving average of $2.25 with volume. Trades should look for long-biased trades off a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 3,743,470 shares. If we get that action soon, then HOV could re-test is March high of $3.03. Keep in mind that HOV will need to maintain a trend above its 50-day with strong upside volume flows in order to hit $3.03. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV