"The stock trades at 5.8x 2013e EV/EBITA, a 25% discount to the sector average, which seems unjustified to us given the group's attractive exposure to energy efficiency, smart grid and gas turbines," Societe Generale analysts wrote in an April 26 report.
Shares of Siemens hit a 52-week low Tuesday of $84.50. The stock's 52-week high of $138.46 was set on July 1.Siemens trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 9.91 times; the average for diversified industrial companies is 8.31. Analysts were split on Siemens with two rating it buy and another two giving the stock a hold rating. The stock has fallen 10.87% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV