Prosperity Bancshares (PB) is another name that's forming an ascending triangle right now -- albeit in a shorter-timeframe. PB's ascending triangle has been forming since the start of March, with the resistance level to watch coming in at $47.
It's important to remember that ascending triangles don't work just because triangles are easy shapes to draw on a chart. Instead, it's not the triangle itself, but rather the technical forces that cause the triangle that investors should be focused on. Horizontal resistance is caused by a glut of supply of shares at that $47 level; in other words, it's a price where sellers have historically been more eager to sell and take gains than buyers were to buy. At the same time, uptrending support indicates that buyers are accumulating shares at higher levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV