Regional banking stock Fulton Financial (FULT) is a smaller name that's showing traders an attractive long-term pattern this week. For the past several months, Fulton has been forming an ascending triangle setup, a formation that has bullish implications for buyers right now.
Here's how to trade it:
Two important technical levels form an ascending triangle: horizontal resistance above shares (in this case at the $10.60 level), and uptrending support below them. As FULT bounces in between those to lines, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance at $10.60. That breakout becomes the buy signal that traders need to look out for.>>3 Bank Revenue Winners From Jefferies Trading volume has been declining over the course of this pattern, an unlikely positive sign for our ascending triangle setup. In a textbook ascending triangle, traders actually want to see volume taper off, only to spike when the breakout happens. The spike in volume above $10.60 tells us that buyers are participating in the breakout. Wait for that to happen before you participate too.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV