Regional banking stock Fulton Financial (FULT) is a smaller name that's showing traders an attractive long-term pattern this week. For the past several months, Fulton has been forming an ascending triangle setup, a formation that has bullish implications for buyers right now.
Here's how to trade it:
Two important technical levels form an ascending triangle: horizontal resistance above shares (in this case at the $10.60 level), and uptrending support below them. As FULT bounces in between those to lines, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance at $10.60. That breakout becomes the buy signal that traders need to look out for.>>3 Bank Revenue Winners From Jefferies Trading volume has been declining over the course of this pattern, an unlikely positive sign for our ascending triangle setup. In a textbook ascending triangle, traders actually want to see volume taper off, only to spike when the breakout happens. The spike in volume above $10.60 tells us that buyers are participating in the breakout. Wait for that to happen before you participate too.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV