Avon Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (AVP)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Avon Products (NYSE:AVP) were gapping down Tuesday morning with an open price 12.7% lower than Monday's closing price. The stock closed at $20.73 Monday and opened today's trading at $18.10. The average volume for Avon has been 8.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avon has a market cap of $8.72 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 20% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and markets beauty and related products worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.2, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Avon as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and generally poor debt management. You can view the full Avon Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV