Food Technology Service, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIFL) had revenues of $1,050,616 during the first quarter of 2012 compared to revenues of $859,892 for the same period in 2011. This is an increase of approximately 22.2 percent. The Company had income before taxes during the first quarter of 2012 of $439,655 compared to income before taxes of $304,711 during the first quarter of 2011. This is an increase of approximately 44.3 percent. The Company’s statement of operations reflects non-cash deferred income tax expense for the first quarter of 2012 in the amount of $165,800. This resulted in net income during the first quarter of 2012 of $273,855 versus net income of $214,311 during the same period in 2011, an increase of approximately 27.8 percent.
Food Technology Service, Inc. CEO Dr. Richard Hunter said: “I am pleased with our results for the first quarter of 2012. We continued to have strong growth, particularly in sterilization of packaging and made a number of improvements to our facility and infrastructure.”
Food Technology Service, Inc. provides irradiation services for medical products, food items and consumer goods to enhance the safety of those products. The Company is certified to ISO 13485:2003 standards for the provision of radiation sterilization services for medical devices.
Except for historical matters contained herein, the matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements reflect assumptions and involve risk and uncertainties that may affect business and prospects and cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV