Industry outlook speakers and high-ranking executives from the industry’s fastest growing publicly-traded mining companies will discuss the future of the sector and their businesses at NYSSA’s 12th Annual Metals and Mining Industry Conference from June 6–7, 2012.
The metals and mining industry has recently benefitted from the strong growth in emerging markets, particularly in China and India. Per capita consumption levels in both these countries are calibrating to US levels, which could, theoretically at least, double metal demand in the longer term. M&A activity is expected to continue throughout 2012 as mining companies, armed with healthy balance sheets, step up deal activity and re-focus on consolidation.
The conference features an outlook for the metals and mining industry from Raymond Goldie, PhD, VP, senior mining analyst at Salman Partners, and an outlook on the metals market from Patrick Chidley, senior vice president, global metals and mining research at HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
The presenting companies for day one are:
- Argex Mining Inc. (TSX-V: RGX)
- Crocodile Gold Corp (TSX: CRK; OTCQX: CROCF)
- Globex Mining Enterprises Inc (TSX: GMX)
- Midway Gold Corp (NYSE/AMEX/TSX-V: MDW)
- North American Palladium (AMEX: PAL; TSX: PDL)
- PolyMet Mining Corp. (AMEX: PLM)
- Quaterra Resources Inc. (NYSE/AMEX: QMM; TSX-V: QTA)
- Alderon (NYSE/AMEX: AXX; TSX: ADV)
- Great Basin Gold (AMEX: GBG)
- St Andrews Goldfields Ltd. (TSX: SAS; OTCQX: STADF)
- Western Copper and Gold Corporation (NYSE/AMEX: WRN; TSX: WRN)