Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as individual investors, today announced shareholder approval of revised investment policies that will go into effect today for the Nuveen Insured Massachusetts Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund (AMEX: NGX).
As previously announced on October 31, 2011, the fund’s Board of Trustees recommended changes to NGX’s investment policies intended to increase the fund’s flexibility regarding the types of securities available for investment.
The changes provide that:
- The fund will eliminate the investment policy requiring it, under normal circumstances, to invest at least 80 percent of its managed assets in municipal securities that are covered by insurance guaranteeing the timely payment of principal and interest.
- The fund will continue to invest substantially all (at least 80 percent) of its managed assets in investment grade quality municipal securities.
Reflecting its new investment strategy, the fund will change its name to Nuveen Massachusetts AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund, effective May 24, 2012, but the ticker will remain NGX.More information on this and other Nuveen closed-end funds is posted on Nuveen’s web site at www.nuveen.com/cef. Nuveen Investments provides high-quality investment services designed to help secure the long-term goals of institutional and individual investors as well as the consultants and financial advisors who serve them. Nuveen Investments markets a wide range of specialized investment solutions which provide investors access to capabilities of its high-quality boutique investment affiliates—Nuveen Asset Management, Symphony Asset Management, NWQ Investment Management Company, Santa Barbara Asset Management, Tradewinds Global Investors, Winslow Capital Management, and Gresham Investment Management. In total, Nuveen Investments managed approximately $230 billion as of January 31, 2012. For more information, please visit the Nuveen Investments website at www.nuveen.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV