Loral Space & Communications Inc. Stock Downgraded (LORL)
- LORL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1616.22% to $381.48 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.35%.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS reported lower earnings of $3.77 versus $15.47 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 88.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $67.82 million to $7.63 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.