Loral Space & Communications Inc. Stock Downgraded (LORL)
- LORL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1616.22% to $381.48 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.35%.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, LORAL SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS reported lower earnings of $3.77 versus $15.47 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 88.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $67.82 million to $7.63 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.