NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- There is no shortage of black clouds over Wall Street this Monday morning, as Europe and corporate scandals ramp up the risk for investors.
On the European front, a flight from Greek bonds Monday morning sent eurozone stocks crashing -- the Euro Stoxx 50 is down more than 2.5% as I write, and the French CAC 40 isn't far behind. Typically, massive selling across the pond leads to similar moves here at home, an ominous sign for Monday's trading session. At the same time, high-profile corporate flubs aren't exactly helping investor confidence right now.
JPMorgan Chase's (JPM) revelation that the firm's trading arm lost more than $2 billion due to sloppiness and poor risk management is still the news of the week. And it's apparently leading to the ouster of some of JPM's highest-ranking executives -- including the firm's chief investment officer.
>>Also see: 5 Stock Trades for a Confusing MarketOn the other hand, Yahoo (YHOO) CEO Scott Thompson stepped down over the padded resume that has been getting so much attention in the last week. That move clears the way for hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb to snatch a place on the board.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV