Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. (NYSE: MLM) announced today that in accordance with the decision of the Delaware Court of Chancery on May 4, 2012, the Court of Chancery today issued an order implementing its decision which until September 14, 2012 enjoins Martin Marietta from, among other things, pursuing Martin Marietta’s exchange offer for shares of Vulcan Materials Company, prosecuting Martin Marietta’s proxy contest at Vulcan’s 2012 annual meeting of shareholders, and otherwise taking steps to acquire control of Vulcan shares or assets.
Also, as required by the Court of Chancery’s order, Martin Marietta is, among other things, terminating its exchange offer and withdrawing its related registration statement, withdrawing its Hart-Scott Rodino Act filing in connection with its exchange offer, and withdrawing its nominees for election at the Vulcan 2012 annual meeting and terminating the related solicitation of proxies. Any “BLUE” proxy cards and “BLUE” voting instruction forms that were previously circulated and have or may be received will not be effective, will not be voted by Martin Marietta at the Vulcan 2012 annual meeting and will be discarded.
As previously announced, Martin Marietta is appealing the Court of Chancery’s decision to the Delaware Supreme Court.
About Martin MariettaMartin Marietta Materials, Inc. is the nation's second largest producer of construction aggregates and a producer of magnesia-based chemicals and dolomitic lime. For more information about Martin Marietta Materials, Inc., refer to the Corporation's website at www.martinmarietta.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV