Tam SA (TAM): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Tam (TAM) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Tam fell 84 cents (-3.5%) to $23.16 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Tam exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 557,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.02-$23.49 after having opened the day at $23.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Grupo TMM S.A (TMM), down 12.4%, FreeSeas (FREE), down 12.2%, Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG), down 8.4%, and Gol Intelligent Airlines (GOL), down 8.4%. TAM S.A. provides passengers and cargo air transportation services in Brazil and internationally. It also engages in the aircraft acquisition, financing, and debt issuance activities. Tam has a market cap of $3.74 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Tam a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tam as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Tam Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV