Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Toronto-Dominion Bank fell 67 cents (-0.8%) to $79.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, 589,101 shares of Toronto-Dominion Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 697,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79-$79.92 after having opened the day at $79.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.35. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania (RBPAA), down 11.5%, Magyar Bancorp (MGYR), down 9.4%, Old Second Bancorp (OSBC), down 8.1%, and Park Sterling (PSTB), down 7.8%. The Toronto-Dominion Bank, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial and banking services in North America and internationally. The company's Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking segment offers various financial products and services to personal and small business customers. Toronto-Dominion Bank has a market cap of $72.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.3, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 12.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Toronto-Dominion Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Toronto-Dominion Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Toronto-Dominion Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV