KT Corporation (KT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, KT Corporation rose 7 cents (0.6%) to $12.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 852,230 shares of KT Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.75-$12.91 after having opened the day at $12.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.80. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Ditech Networks Corporation (DITC), up 9%, Ikanos Communications (IKAN), up 6.3%, Zhone Technologies (ZHNE), up 4.2%, and Lumos Networks (LMOS), up 3.3%. KT Corporation provides telecommunication services in Korea. KT Corporation has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.1, equal to the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 18.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts that rate KT Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates KT Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full KT Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV