Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM): Today's Featured Real Estate Winner
Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Chimera Investment Corporation rose 4 cents (1.2%) to $2.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12.1 million shares of Chimera Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.80-$2.87 after having opened the day at $2.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.82. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Stratus Properties (STRS), up 9.7%, Nationstar Mortgage Holdings (NSM), up 5.7%, InnSuites Hospitality (IHT), up 3.5%, and NTS Realty Holdings (NLP), up 3.4%. Chimera Investment Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. Chimera Investment Corporation has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of five, below the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 5.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Chimera Investment Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chimera Investment Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Chimera Investment Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV