Carnival Corporation (CCL) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Carnival Corporation rose 17 cents (0.5%) to $31.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, four million shares of Carnival Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.09-$31.70 after having opened the day at $31.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.46. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Lakes Entertainment (LACO), up 13.4%, Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment (DDE), up 3.2%, Cosi (COSI), up 2.4%, and Carrols Restaurant Group (TAST), up 2.1%. Carnival Corporation operates as a cruise and vacation company worldwide. Carnival Corporation has a market cap of $18.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 19.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Carnival Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Carnival Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Carnival Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CCL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV