Hologic Inc (HOLX): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
Hologic (HOLX) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Hologic rose 16 cents (0.9%) to $17.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.6 million shares of Hologic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.40-$17.87 after having opened the day at $17.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.44. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: D Medical Industries (DMED), up 58.8%, Response Genetics (RGDX), up 16%, IsoRay (ISR), up 12.3%, and Genomic Health (GHDX), up 8.4%. Hologic Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies diagnostic, medical imaging systems, and surgical products for the healthcare needs of women. The company operates in four segments: Breast Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical, and Skeletal Health. Hologic has a market cap of $4.56 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.8, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 101.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Hologic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hologic as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income.
- You can view the full Hologic Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV