Concho Resources (CXO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Concho Resources rose $2.85 (3.2%) to $92.02 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Concho Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.14-$94 after having opened the day at $90.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.17. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: KiOR (KIOR), up 10.5%, Recovery Energy (RECV), up 8.3%, Natural Gas Services Group (NGS), up 5.3%, and GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), up 5%. Concho Resources Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Its principal operating areas are located in the Permian Basin region of southeast New Mexico and west Texas. Concho Resources has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.5, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 17.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Concho Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Concho Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Concho Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CXO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV