Iconix Brand Group Inc. (ICON): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Winner
Iconix Brand Group (ICON) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Iconix Brand Group rose 28 cents (1.9%) to $15.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 929,039 shares of Iconix Brand Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.67-$15.32 after having opened the day at $14.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.93. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Cereplast (CERP), up 18.4%, Standard Register Company (SR), up 10.6%, China Shengda Packaging Group (CPGI), up 9.5%, and Female Health Company (FHCO), up 4.3%. Iconix Brand Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in licensing, marketing, and providing trend direction for a portfolio of consumer brands primarily in the United States, Canada, Japan, and Europe. Iconix Brand Group has a market cap of $1.08 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.4, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Iconix Brand Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Iconix Brand Group as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Iconix Brand Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV