Parametric Technology Corporation (PMTC): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner
Parametric Technology Corporation (PMTC) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Parametric Technology Corporation rose 17 cents (0.8%) to $20.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Parametric Technology Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.98-$20.52 after having opened the day at $20.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.24. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: BMC Software (BMC), up 8.7%, Convergys Corporation (CVG), up 5.3%, Image Sensing Systems (ISNS), up 5.1%, and Bridgeline Digital (BLIN), up 4.9%. Parametric Technology Corporation develops, markets, and supports product lifecycle management (PLM) software solutions and services that help companies design products, manage product information, and enhance product development processes worldwide. Parametric Technology Corporation has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.9, above the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 30.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Parametric Technology Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Parametric Technology Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Parametric Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV