Wabash National Corporation (WNC): Today's Featured Automotive Winner
Wabash National Corporation (WNC) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Wabash National Corporation rose 5 cents (0.7%) to $7.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Wabash National Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.12-$7.65 after having opened the day at $7.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.26. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide (QTWW), up 27.2%, Navistar International (NAV), up 3.6%, China Zenix Auto International Ltd ADR (ZX), up 2.9%, and Strattec Security Corporation (STRT), up 1.7%. Wabash National Corporation engages in designing, manufacturing, and marketing standard and customized truck trailers, intermodal equipment, and transportation related products in North America. It operates in three segments: Commercial Trailer Products, Diversified Products, and Retail. Wabash National Corporation has a market cap of $533.6 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.5, above the average automotive industry P/E ratio of 31.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Wabash National Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wabash National Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Wabash Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV