Wabash National Corporation (WNC) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Wabash National Corporation rose 5 cents (0.7%) to $7.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Wabash National Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.12-$7.65 after having opened the day at $7.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.26. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide (QTWW), up 27.2%, Navistar International (NAV), up 3.6%, China Zenix Auto International Ltd ADR (ZX), up 2.9%, and Strattec Security Corporation (STRT), up 1.7%. Wabash National Corporation engages in designing, manufacturing, and marketing standard and customized truck trailers, intermodal equipment, and transportation related products in North America. It operates in three segments: Commercial Trailer Products, Diversified Products, and Retail. Wabash National Corporation has a market cap of $533.6 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.5, above the average automotive industry P/E ratio of 31.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Wabash National Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wabash National Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Wabash Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WNC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV