Hexcel Corporation (HXL) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Hexcel Corporation rose 18 cents (0.7%) to $27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 960,435 shares of Hexcel Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 902,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.44-$27.11 after having opened the day at $26.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.82. Another company within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today was Alliant Techsystems (ATK), up 1.6%. Hexcel Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of lightweight and high-performance composites for use in commercial aerospace, space and defense, and industrial applications. Hexcel Corporation has a market cap of $2.66 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Hexcel Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hexcel Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Hexcel Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HXL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV