ROCHESTER, N.Y., May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- More than one billion people worldwide have a vision condition called presbyopia(1), which is a natural decrease in the ability of the lens in the eye to change its shape to focus on close objects. We've all seen others struggle with trying to read menus and newspapers. Maybe it has even happened to you.
To combat this change in vision, which often begins around age 40, many people rely on contact lenses. However, currently the choices for lenses that are both multifocal and daily disposable are very limited. Presbyopes have had to choose between vision performance and convenience, but that is no longer the case. For these people, things are looking up.
CooperVision today announced the launch of Proclear® 1 day multifocal daily disposable contact lenses for the growing population of presbyopes looking for a convenient, comfortable, and healthier lens to wear full time, occasionally, or to complement progressive spectacles or reading glasses.
"When it comes to your vision or the way you live your life, we don't think anyone should have to compromise," said Dennis Murphy, executive vice president, global sales and marketing, CooperVision. "With Proclear 1 day multifocal lenses, vision is clear near, far, and in-between, without the need for spectacles."Comfort and Performance Proclear is the only lens material cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the claim that it: "May provide improved comfort for those who experience dryness or mild discomfort during lens wear." This is especially important for presbyopes who often find that age-related dryness is an issue and deterrent for wearing contact lenses. Proclear also offers natural biocompatibility, meaning that the lenses are made to imitate the cells of the human eye.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV