Results for the three months ended March 31, 2012 and 2011, based on accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, were reported today as follows:
|Three months ended March 31,|
|Realized Investment Gains||206,000||770,000|
|Net Income Per Share||$||0.22||$||0.40|
The Company ended the first quarter of 2012 with net income of $531,000 compared to net income of $995,000 for the same period last year; a decrease of 46.6%. For the three-months ended March 31, 2012, the Company had net income per share of $0.22 compared to net income per share of $0.40 for the three-months ended March 31, 2011. The primary reasons for the $464,000 decrease in net income in the current year compared to the prior year were a 73.3% decrease in net realized investment gains in addition to a 20.1% increase in general expenses. The decrease in realized investment gains was primarily associated with a decline in trading activity in the investment portfolios. The increase in general expenses was primarily due to litigation expenses incurred at the holding company level, which further reduced net income in 2012 compared to 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV