Advantest Corporation (TSE: 6857, NYSE: ATE) today announced the availability of its next-generation high-speed DRAM test system, the T5511. The new system, which begins shipping this month, offers the industry’s fastest test speed of 8Gbps.
Diverse DRAMs, One Test Solution
Dynamic random access memory (DRAM) is the most commonly used type of commodity memory device for personal computers and workstations. It is also widely employed in servers and clients, and used extensively in graphics and mobile applications. Though ubiquitous, the pace of DRAM technology changes and advances quite quickly; there is a high degree of variation - in speed and function - between the application classes. The ultra-fast GDDR5-SDRAM chips used for graphics need functions such as clock training and CRC (cyclic redundancy check) to ensure their reliability and high-speed performance. Meanwhile, DDR4-SDRAM for servers and clients will soon achieve twice the bandwidth of mainstream DDR3-SDRAM and functionality equal to GDDR5. In the mobile and graphics segments, bus widths of x32 and x64 are now mainstream, and Wide I/O DRAMs with a 256-bit wide interface are expected to be standardized in the near future. The diverse requirement from the final application, the development in DRAM technology requires optimal test solutions that can support each new device generation and application, while cost-control imperatives demand a single-platform solution supporting various types of DRAM, which can be flexibly deployed from R&D through to volume production.
Product FeaturesIndustry-best 8Gbps test speed and timing accuracy of ±40ps With a maximum test speed of 8Gbps, the T5511 is the world’s fastest memory testers, supporting the very fastest GDDR5-SDRAM devices with capacity to spare. Furthermore, since all the system’s test pins support 8Gbps, no reduction in parallelism occurs when operating at high speed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV