Nadine Chahine of Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: TYPE) was named today to Fast Company’s 2012 ranking of The 100 Most Creative People in Business. Chahine, who designs Arabic typefaces at Monotype’s Germany-based subsidiary, Linotype GmbH, was recognized alongside individuals from a variety of professions who use creativity for transforming industries and reinventing the world in which we live.
According to Fast Company, this year’s honorees “dare to think differently. They're the ones taking risks and discovering surprising new solutions to old problems.” Other honorees included actress Jessica Alba, director Wes Anderson, entertainer Cee Lo Green, NBA analyst Shaquille O’Neal, in addition to individuals from companies such as Facebook, Starbucks, JC Penney, American Express, Nike, Twitter, Google and Microsoft.
“I’m deeply honored and humbled to be in the company of so many accomplished people,” said Chahine, who is from Lebanon and is #69 on Fast Company’s list. “My focus has always been on the complex and evolving societies of the Arab world. There’s a lack of high-quality Arabic typefaces, so the challenge is to create beautiful Arabic type that’s culturally relevant and invites people to want to read, write and take action. We also need Arabic typefaces to work well alongside texts in other languages, on screen and in print. Typography is integrally connected in the environment in which it sits. As a designer, I see more than just letters and numbers – I see type as the means to engage in the larger context of culture and society.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV